Maternity Safety Conference 2021
9th September 2021
Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel
If you wish to book places and pay by invoice, please complete the form at the bottom of this page, or get in touch via email.
Baby Lifeline is always keen to showcase best practice in health care, and so we invite attendees of our national conference on 9th September 2021 to submit poster abstracts to firstname.lastname@example.org by or on Monday, 9th August 2021.
Dr Matthew Jolly
National Clinical Director for Maternity and Women’s Health, Acute Medical Directorate, NHS England and NHS Improvement.
Head of Research and Development, Baby Lifeline.
Health Correspondent at the Independent.
Our 2nd annual conference will bring together maternity professionals, system leaders, subject specialists and patients and families to present the latest evidence on the safety of maternity care today, share examples of positive improvement and best practice and hear from senior leaders about the next steps in the national maternity safety programme.
- Learning from Health and Social Care Committee Maternity Inquiry.
- The next steps towards achieving the national ambition in maternity
- Woman-centred care: promoting choice, personalisation, and parent engagement
- The Seven Features of Safe Maternity Care researched by THIS Institute.
- Reducing inequality and improving outcome.
- A global perspective of patient safety progress.
- The national picture of maternity safety – learning from key national organisations (including, the Care Quality Commission, Healthcare Safety Investigation Branch, NHS Resolution, and MBRRACE-UK)
- Learning from the Coronavirus pandemic
- Patient-driven change: improving informed consent