Donna Ockenden is the Chair of the Review of Maternity Services at Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust.
Donna’s commitment to midwifery, maternity care and nursing spans more than 30 years of experience working within a variety of health settings both in the UK and internationally. Her roles in senior NHS leadership include 14 years as a Head of Midwifery/Chief Midwife and more than five years’ experience as Divisional Director of two large Women and Children’s Divisions on the South Coast and in London.
Donna is passionate about giving back to healthcare, especially women and family health as well as society as a whole. This has led to Donna’s involvement in a range of charities and organisations, which include:
- Current Senior Midwifery Adviser to the Chief Executive of the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC)
- Current Patron for Mums And Midwives Awareness Academy (MAMA Academy)
- Fellow of the Royal Society for the Encouragement of Arts, Manufacture and Commerce (FRSA)
- Founder and Trustee of the Four Streets Project Chichester, caring for the hungry, homeless and vulnerable.
- In March 2021, Donna was appointed as Honorary President of Baby Lifeline.
Donating online is quick and simple
We have teamed up with Just Giving & Charities Aid Foundation to accept debit and credit cards online.