Baby Lifeline is a unique national charity which promotes the safe care of pregnant women & new-born babies all over the UK and worldwide. It does this by supporting and working with NHS professionals – buying equipment, developing and providing critical training, and conducting research.
A key role within the Charity, the Event Manager will be responsible for overseeing and organising all Charity events. The role will also include being the first point of contact for all charity fundraising enquiries and activities.
The vacancy is based in the company’s office in Balsall Common.
The Chief Executive
- Venue sourcing & responsibility for bookings & contracts for charity events.
- Co-ordinating all the logistics of the charity event from catering to technical responsibilities
- Co-ordinating all aspects of the logistics of the fund raising activities from inception to delivery
- Prepare event budgets & control costs as agreed
- Attending all charity led events and activities ensuring these are delivered to the required standard set by Baby Lifeline
- Assist in general office duties as & when required to contribute to the overall success of the business.
- Co-ordinate public fundraising activities
- Liaise with the Accounting Manager to reconcile incoming monies from fundraising activities, be it public or event income
- Previous experience and operational knowledge with the live events industry or charity event sector.
- Car driver with a clean licence, able to drive the company vehicle to venues across the UK
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- The ability to work within a fixed budget
- Able to work with Microsoft office, teams & zoom
- A flexible & agile approach to problem solving
- Professionalism, enthusiasm, commitment
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent telephone manner
- Good written & verbal communication skills
- Good organisational & interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritise & deliver to deadlines
- Ability to multi-task & work under pressure
- Excellent IT skills
- Team player with a flexible approach
- Ability to accept responsibility
- The ability to organise & manage work loads
- Use own initiative & exercise own judgement
This role would suit a person who relishes the chance to make a positive impact, operating within a small team and in a fast-moving business that is constantly evolving. It requires an enthusiastic team player who is willing to expand and adapt their role to this constantly changing environment.
37.5 hours per week.
Longer working days will be required on event days.
Appropriate TOIL will be allocated as appropriate.
Dependent upon experience, circa £28K- £32K pa.
To apply, please send and up-to-date CV and cover letter stating why you would be a good fit to firstname.lastname@example.org.