Maternity Safety Conference 2021
9th September 2021
Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel
Cardiac Services | Cranfield University| Essity| Limbs & Things | MedBrief | NHS Resolution | Serious Hazards of Transfusion (SHOT) | SurePulse Medical | Ultrasound Direct | Wellbeing Software | SP Services | ICT Healthcare & Technology Solutions | MedLed Ltd | Leigh Day | Hudgell Solicitors | Slater and Gordon | MAMA Acadmey | Weightmans
Head of Research and Development, Baby Lifeline.
Our second annual conference brought together maternity professionals, system leaders, subject specialists, and patients and families. It presented the latest evidence on the safety of maternity care today, shared examples of positive improvement and best practice, and delegates heard from senior leaders about the next steps in the national maternity safety programme.
- Learning from Health and Social Care Committee Maternity Inquiry.
- The next steps towards achieving the national ambition in maternity
- Woman-centred care: promoting choice, personalisation, and parent engagement
- The Seven Features of Safe Maternity Care researched by THIS Institute.
- Reducing inequality and improving outcome.
- A global perspective of patient safety progress.
- The national picture of maternity safety – learning from key national organisations (including, the Care Quality Commission, Healthcare Safety Investigation Branch, NHS Resolution, and MBRRACE-UK)
- Learning from the Coronavirus pandemic
- Patient-driven change: improving informed consent