An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Management team at Baby Lifeline Training.
Baby Lifeline Training is a social enterprise, recognised nationally and internationally for providing high quality, multi professional training in the maternity sector.
This new role will encompass all the financial and accounting procedures along with business planning and development functions alongside our established management team, Chief Executive and Board members.
We are a small dynamic team and as we see business grow year on year we require an enthusiastic team player who is used to working in a fast paced environment to ensure we continue to thrive, prosper and evolve.
If you have an accounting background and want to challenge yourself, make an impact and develop your career then we would love to hear from you.
No agencies please.
Baby Lifeline Training Ltd is a not-for-profit social enterprise, which primarily delivers multi-disciplinary training to thousands of maternity care and associated health professionals per annum. It delivers training on behalf of the national charity, Baby Lifeline Ltd, under a service level agreement and under license carries the “Baby Lifeline” brand name and logo. Its work and reputation are of very high standing in the maternity sector and Baby Lifeline Training Ltd has established itself as a facilitator of high quality, multidisciplinary and “cutting edge” education programmes for maternity sector healthcare professionals.
A key management role with responsibility for the day-to-day control of all aspects of the finance and accounts function of Baby Lifeline Training Ltd has arisen. As well as operation and control of the management accounting function it will involve working alongside our Operations Manager to ensure the timely delivery of all other business functions. The vacancy is based in the company’s office in Balsall Common.
The Chief Executive Officer, the Board of Directors and the external advisors.
- Management and maintenance of the in-house Sage 50 accounting system
- Credit Control
- Bank control and weekly reconciliation
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly approved, recorded, filed, and reported
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Forecasting and budget management for all aspects of the company’s operations
- Assisting in strategy and development planning working alongside the CEO and the Board
- Maintenance and development of internal accounting systems.
- Assistance with key business decisions and development
- Regular monthly reporting on all aspects of the company’s accounts and comparison to budgets
- Collaborate with external auditing services to ensure proper compliance with all regulations
- Report to the CEO with timely and accurate financial information
- Assist the CEO in presenting reports to senior executives, stakeholders, and board members.
- Proven experience of working with Sage 50 and/or similar accounting package
- Ability to work and use Excel spreadsheets
- Bank & Cash management and control
- Flexible approach and ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Ability to work well with colleagues as part of a small team
- Ability to work unsupervised and using initiative
- Analytical mind and able to challenge business decisions to aid company development
This role would suit a person who relishes the chance to make a positive impact, operating within a small team and in a fast-moving business that is constantly evolving. It requires an enthusiastic team player who is willing to expand and adapt their role to this constantly changing environment.
40 hours a week.
Circa £30-£35K depending on experience.
INTERESTED AND WANT TO APPLY FOR THE POSITION, PLEASE SEND YOUR CV AND COVERING EMAIL EXPLAINING HOW YOU MEET THE ROLE PROFILE TO VACANCIES@BABYLIFELINE.ORG.UK ADDING ACCOUNTING MANAGER TO THE SUBJECT FIELD.